And there's more.
Does anyone else recognise those initials?
That Was The Week That Was was a programme broadcast back in the 1960s in the UK taking a satirical look back at the week's news.
I'm using it here to take a look back at my photographic week.
So this is the first of what I hope will be many updates.
I'm not a huge wordsmith, especially when talking about myself, so I'll usually let the pictures do the talking.
I've just posted a new cover page for the website in the last few days, and thought I'd jot down a few notes on how I made it and the thought process behind its conception.
I suppose it all began with the trees. I spotted these trees in Cardiff one day and had an idea that they'd look good in a high contrast black and white image, but never got around to processing the photograph.
That's sort of the way it is with me, I guess.
Quite some time later in the year, I noticed this doll lying abandoned next to a monument in Spain. Again, she seemed to be crying out for a high contrast black and white image; her eyes just looked so scary.
It was only later on that the two images coalesced in my imagination. It occurred that through the medium of so many books and films, forests and trees have this capacity to instill trepidation and suspense (pace The Blair Witch Project as just one example). Coupled with the rather alarming expression on the abandoned doll's face, I knew that the trees need to have their colour altered.
The doll was cut out, and rotated before being added to the tree photo, which immediately accentuated the difference in tone between the doll and the trees, and also that there were too few trees. So the brightness of the trees was adjusted and a few more trees were added to the image, and then the colours were changed. The doll received a bit of glow to give her a bit more spookiness.
After that, all that was required was a crop, and there it was; done.